Sunday, July 19, 2009

An Emphatic NO! But Maybe Yes

My girlfriend called me the other day to let me know it was registration day for little league soccer and asked if I wanted to sign the girls up. When I asked them if they wanted to play, the response I got from them was not what I was expecting. They both said NO!! Without any hesitation a big NO!!! When I asked them why, this was their response.

"My outfit will get dirty, it's too hot and I'll get sweaty." - Abigail

"My legs will get sore from all that kicking and running." - Amelia

I tried to convince them they'd have fun and they'd really like it. I told them they knew the coaches (our friend the Archers), that their daughter was playing on the team, there would be lots of kids their age, but nothing I said worked.

When Will came home from work he talked to them about it too but they still said no! The next morning he got out the "soccer ball" (really a volleyball) and started teaching them a few things. They had such a blast playing around that they started to rethink their decision. Of course by that point, registration was over and it was too late. Too bad, because Amelia would have made an awesome goalie and Abigail was already planning her future, telling us "we could watch her play soccer on TV when she was big."

3 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Maybe they'll decide to play next year.

tammy said...

They've got a lot of years to do it still :-)

robin said...

is it really too late (there are always those stragerlers (sp?)