Perhaps we are a bit jealous of Meg's baby chickens. And perhaps the city of Destin would frown upon raising poultry in our back yard. Perhaps we are sad the bird that flew in our house didn't stay longer. Perhaps all these things are the reason we "adopted" a family of Mockingbirds who are living in the little tree in our front yard.
We watched the mom and dad build the nest. We knew the mom laid two beautiful blue eggs. We knew the exact day the eggs hatched. And now we watch as the mom and dad go back and forth to the nest to feed the babies.
Perhaps we'll be sad when they fly away.
Perhaps we need a life.


3 comments:
Gina, those pictures are amazing. National Geographics here you comes! Wow. I am sorry they left. And I am sorry you guys arent here to see my chics. I wish you were and one of these days I will frickin post some more pics. Maybe tonight!
Um, I think it's time I started asking you for advice taking photos. Those are trully amazing, and my eye has ever even seen baby birds so close up before.
Great story and awesome pictures
Post a Comment