Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Passing The Time

Abigail gets out of school at 2:55 everyday. In order to be at the front of the carpool line, I get to the school around 2:00. I'm not even joking. If you get there any later than 2:15 you'll be waiting in a very long line. So I have almost an hour to kill everyday waiting for her to get out. Most days Amelia is with me (sometimes she goes to Will's office for a "date with Dad"), so I'm always trying to come up with things for her to do. She'll look at books or play with crayons, sometimes she plays her DS. Today was a busy day and I forgot to put anything in the car for her. But she got creative and played with a mini pumpkin my girlfriend gave her earlier in the day. Her pumpkin was "misbehaving" and poked her. So she found some paper and a pen and decided to write a note to the offending vegetable.

Her note says her name and then: No. Do not poke me pumpkin.

She sounded out most of the words herself too.


(pictures from cell phone)

3 comments:

tammy said...

Wow, I didn't realize Amelia's writing and sounding out had come along so much, because you mainly have blogged about Abigail's.

I'm also really impressed that she has gone from the Miss Spider series to the Thursday Next series :-)

Grandma Faith said...

Amazing Amelia!

coco said...

cracking