Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Little Bragging About A "B"

Amelia made this B in her class. It's hard to see, but she alternated light and dark beans. She was the only kid in the class to do it! What's really amazing is where the B "pinches". You can see that the pattern merged into one line, then back out, all staying with the pattern.

Mr Thurman made a point to show Dad what Amelia had done. "It's an AB pattern Daddy!"

"Uh, we didn't teach her that," Mr. Thurman responded.

Walking down the hallway in school later that day, I overheard a mom talking about a kid in the pre-k class who had done a really impressive B. I couldn't help but tell her that was my daughter.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Amelia, that was so crafty to make a pattern with your beans.

Have mom show you something Eli made with beans when he was 7 (I bet you could do it at age 4).
http://lifeasiknowit-tammy.blogspot.com/2008/08/creativity-runs-rampant.html

I think you get your craftiness from me HEHE

robin said...

what a beautiful B
what a great job with patterns Amelia ~ you are starting early!!!