Friday, August 21, 2009

Preschool Orientation

I haven't written anything about Amelia going to school because just last week we still weren't sure she was going. I may or may not have secretly been hoping it wasn't going to work out. ;)This is the first year Destin Elementary (Abigail's school) is doing a preschool program. I'm not exactly sure what they were waiting on but we just got the call a few days ago saying there is indeed going to be a preschool and Amelia made the list of students. (William waited in the school parking lot at 4 in the morning back in May to get her on the waiting list. It was first come, first serve.)

I have gone back and forth worrying if I've done the right thing by putting her in preschool. Abigail never went (obviously) and I don't want Amelia to think that she needed to go when her sister didn't. I'm hoping it will be an easier transition (for all of us) for the girls to both go to school at the same time but if Amelia doesn't enjoy it we won't make her go. From her reaction last night I think she's going to really like it.



Little Miss Independent didn't even want want hold our hand as she walked into the school. She followed the signs right up to her new class room. Outside the room on the wall there was a board with all the kids names on it.

She found her name out of the 18 students.



She instantly warmed up to the female teacher Mrs. Kersanac (there's two teachers, a boy and girl). She told her she knew how to write her name and sat right down and showed her.



The teachers talked a bit, mostly to the parents explaining things, but they did have all the kids sit down while they read a story to them. Mr. Thurman, the male teacher, sang a song to them. He has an extensive background in music and we've heard great things about him.



Her best friend Zari is also in her class!

2 comments:

tammy said...

Adorable! She and Hunter have that same outgoing personality.... let me do it myself, make friends with everyone......she is going to love school!

Grandma Faith said...

Seems like all systems are go...