These are cute shoes, right? I thought so. Unfortunately Abigail wasn't so fond of them.
We went to the shoe store today to pick out some good "playground shoes" for school. Nothing fancy, just a pair of shoes she could really play in. Ones that wouldn't show dirt too much and ones that would be easy to wash when they did get dirty. I picked only two shoes for Abigail to try one, the pair above and another Merrell sneaker. The second shoe happened to be all pink, but not nearly as easy to get on her foot. There were no laces, straps or a zipper, more of a slip on shoe that didn't slip on easily at all. Of course Abigail wasn't concerned about practicality at all, she only cared about the color and was livid with me for even thinking about getting her grey shoes. She went into a little tirade informing me "that grey has been my worst color all the days of my life" and "if you buy me those shoes, I'm just going to freak out every time you put them on me."
I bought the grey shoes.
I'll spare the details from the rest of our shoe shopping experience, where Abigail stopped being witty and only slightly fresh to being just plain ugly. I left the store quite embarrassed.
We talked about the things on the car ride home and came to an understanding. (Abigail has always been able to reason, sometimes it just takes a while to get there). She was kind enough to apologize for her behavior and told me she loved me, "even if you did buy me ugly grey shoes."

4 comments:
I have a pair of grey and orange sneakers Abby, a white and black pair, and a white and blue pair. No pink ones at all! ;-)
it think the shoes are very cute
Oh, how funny!
I love the shoes. I want a pair of Merrells bad
Post a Comment