Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Can't Multi-Task

Here's what we've been doing while my camera has been sitting on my desk collecting dust.

School shopping: I'm not ready to talk about it.

Getting rid of fleas: It's gross, I know. People tell me they are really bad around here this year. And everyone we know with a dog has had them too. I have either been in front of the vacuum or the washer/dryer most of the week. I have vacuumed a million times (i HATE carpet) and I've washed every thing that will fit and isn't nailed down into the machine. I've sprayed the house with an over the counter treatment. We took Guinness to get a flea bath (even though he already wears flea medicine!)...nothing is working. My last resort was calling the professionals. I'm sure their chemicals are terrible and awful and bad, but I CANNOT wait for them to come. I'm very sorry.

Buying a house: We are trying to buy the house we are currently living in. It's a little complicated and a lot stressful.

"Our" baby birds flew away without telling me. No pictures. :(

Building forts: I also don't have a single picture of all the forts the girls have made this week. They are fort crazy! Abigail even drew up a set of plans for one fort they built. They have constructed one in practically every room of our house (this typically involves taking all the bedding off every bed in the house). Yesterday they really wanted to make a new one, but I didn't want them putting anything on the floor (the fleas.....) so they decided to just built a fort on top of the bed with just pillows and towels. Resourceful and cute.

And that's pretty much been our week.

3 comments:

tammy said...

Sorry about the fleas, exciting about possibly buying the house, and adorable about the forts.

With all that vacuuming, I doubt your camera is collecting dust though HEHE

Grandma Faith said...

Bless your little hearts!

Dawn said...

Fleas........now that's why I don't have a dog. Your poor thing.

Don't you remember all the forts we made as kids- using all the bedding in the house!