Sunday, February 8, 2009

No Training Wheels



We took the training wheels off Abigail's bike for the first time today. She was a bit apprehensive at first. It wouldn't work without the extra wheels she said. She had to pick out just the right outfit and shoes. We talked her into jeans underneath, for protection. And then we were off. She picked it up right from the start. Daddy was quick to catch her if she fell.











We did a full block, with no injuries and many smiles. We're really proud she tried so hard. Amelia raced along too. She's next....

4 comments:

tammy said...

At first I thought she is too young to be riding a bike. Then I remembered that we never had training wheels, and we were trying to ride the BIG bikes when we were 5! I don't think we ever did it in a skirt though HEHE Adorable. Next she'll need a helmet :-)

robin said...

so cute! love the outfit
love the little bike

Anonymous said...

clearly she's outgrown the radio flyer and the training wheels. She pretty much needs a ten speed at the rate she's growing,

Go Abby.

Dawn

Grandma Faith said...

Dear Abby, I am so excited about your bike riding accomplishment. Love, Grandma Faith