Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our Ballerina



Tuesday: "Not tomorrow. But tomorrow after tomorrow after tomorrow after tomorrow."
Wednesday: "Not tomorrow. But tomorrow after tomorrow after tomorrow."
Thursday: "Not tomorrow. But tomorrow after tomorrow."
Friday: "Tomorrow. Awesome!"

Abigail has been looking forward to this all week. She has kept the above running timeline on a daily basis. She has already informed us that she should be in the olympics right now. Her events would include gymnastics, volleyball, and swimming. Today is the beginning of her training in ballet, which should add some panache to her gymnastics routine.

She woke up early this morning, her bag already packed, and glanced expectantly out the window, waiting for time to go.





They lined up at the bottom of the stairs to go into class for the first time. This was also the first time I felt the lump in my throat as my daughter walked away; growing up. I was proud, but not happy.





Before dancing, limbering up is important.


Stretch tall. Stretch right. (Yes every child is stretching left, but the teacher was stretching right.)



Action photos. She loved it.


And here she is. Our big girl. She was brave. She was strong.
She was happy. She was attentive. She was ours.

Were it not for someone cutting up onions in the room
next door, it would have been perfect.
I'm not sure how it happened, but we have a kid. A big kid.
And we really love her.

Abigail: "I got to wear pink the color of ink. I got to go to my ballet class very early in the morning. The firt day of ballet-ing"

3 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

There is no one in my kitchen, but I sense onions being chopped as well, sniff, sniff. You make an absolutely beautiful ballerina, Miss Abigail!

tammy said...

Abby,
You look beautiful with your hair up in a twist :-) I love your pink ballet outfit! I'm so happy you are going to ballet lessons too. Mommy is right, you are growing up.
Love Aunt Tammy

Unknown said...

Well some one must be chopping onions here too..You know Dawny, always cooking, even at 7am. Ha

Abby, I've never seen a prettier ballerina. I can't wait to come visit and have you show me all the stuff you've learned.