Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I can spin with my Dad
and swim with my Dad
on weekend afternoons

I can run with my Dad
and have fun with my Dad
then relax and watch cartoons

I can watch the game with my Dad
and learn their names with my Dad
like Apple Crisp* and Papelbon

I can play Hide and Seek with my Dad
and leap to my Dad
He's there to depend upon

I can sing songs with my Dad
all day long with my Dad
Shipping up to Boston and Sweet Caroline

I can give hugs to my Dad
because I love my Dad
and I'm glad that he is mine

love Abigail and Amelia (words by Mom)

* Amelia calls Coco Crisp Apple Crisp

3 comments:

robin said...

i love the new format
and the poems are awesome

scout loves the blog too.
i wish i was more dedicated :)

tammy said...

Gina, that poem is INCREDIBLE.....you've had this writing talent hiding in you all these years, and the blog is bringing it out!

Grandma Faith said...

I love the poem too. William is a lucky man to have such a sweet wife and such adorable daughters. Happy late father's day, son. Love mom