Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good Night, I Love You, Have Sweet Dreams

There is a definite routine to putting the girls to bed. After brushing teeth and reading books, Will and I tuck the girls in. We pile all six of Abigail's bunnies up next to her and cover her with her blanket. We give Amelia her "perfect spread" and make sure Hedgefund is tucked just so (head inside the little pocket of his blankie so he can sleep). Then the lights go out. And then we give a few more "one more" kisses and hugs. Lately Amelia has added "Good night, I love you, have sweet dreams" into the repertoire. She says it to me, then Abigail and then Will. And once we all say it back, verbatim, she falls asleep.

5 comments:

coco said...

can you guys move to utah so she can say to me every night too?
pretty please???

Megan said...

so sweet. cant wait to see you guys.

Grandma Faith said...

love it!

tammy said...

What a sweetie pie.

robin said...

very thoughtful