Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nature Walk



Right before Amelia went to bed last night she asked me if she could go on a nature walk. Like right then. I told her if she reminded me, I'd take her the next day. First thing this morning she came into my room asking to go. So after we got a few errands done, I kept my promise and I took the girls to a little trail in the woods right down the street from us.


As soon we got there, they were off and running. I had a hard time getting good pictures because both the girls and the dog couldn't hold still.


Abigail found lots and lots of pine cones. She wanted to take them all home with her. Luckily I was able to talk her into keeping just one.


This was Amelia's favorite tree on the walk. She loved the hole in it and swears she saw a beaver in there.


We found a cute little bridge that led down another trail. I wasn't quite sure where it led to so I told the girls we'd take Dad along next time to explore it with him.


This was a little collection of things the girls found. I was surprised by the different fall colored leaves they found.

3 comments:

robin said...

I LOVE NATURE WALKS! is that walk close to your house?
we went on nature walk yesterday also amelia!

Grandma Faith said...

Beautiful pictures! I can tell you had a wonderful time.

tammy said...

This looks like more fun than, well........., Disney World HAHA I love the picture of Amelia up against the tree. She looks so grown up!