Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This One Hurt My Heart

About a half hour after the girls should have been asleep, I heard Abigail calling me. I asked her what she needed. She said it was Amelia who needed me because she was sad. I came in to find Amelia sitting in her bed crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, through the saddest little sobs, "I don't want to grow up to be big and be a mom. Because then I'll have to leave you."

I'm not sure what prompted that train of thought, but I snuggled up in bed with her and reassured her it was going to be a long time before she was going to be grown up. I told her that she was always going to be my baby no matter how big she got and that, if she chose to, I'd never make her leave. :) I think that made her happy and she fell asleep shortly after that.

2 comments:

coco said...

oh thanks for making cry at work amelia.
unbelievably heart wrenching. but so innocently sweet. i love.

tammy said...

So sad and sweet. After the comments from Abigail on the last post, I would check with her to see if she said something "witty" that set Amelia off HEHE