Wednesday, April 23, 2008

These Hard Times

After dinner Abigail wanted to color and that was fine by me. She also wanted to use her new marker stamps. She had already had her bath and the markers are very messy and do not come off skin easily, so I said no. Her response: "I wish I had a new mom who didn't care about messes."

While rocking Amelia at bedtime, she told me she wished she was a little baby again so she could have more toys.

My poor, neglected, underprivileged, disadvantaged children. I hope they can make it through these tough times (if I don't strangle them first).

3 comments:

tammy said...

I'm sure we never said anything like that to Mom HAHA It will all make sense when they are big like us :-)

robin said...

the horrors of being a kid

kim said...

ya i get the same thing, only she's sixteen! it never ends