Storytime at the library was all about food this week. The kids were asked what their favorite kind of food was. Most kids said pizza, spaghetti, mac and cheese... typical "kid" food. Abigail informed the teacher her favorite foods were fruits, vegetables and veggie burgers. I could only imagine what was going through the other moms heads, thinking I was some kind of weirdo who didn't let her kids eat junk. Amelia helped us out a little by telling the teacher her favorite food was jellybeans. There was one book about a pizza delivery man and the teacher asked what the kids say to the delivery man when he comes to their house. Abigail pipes up again with "at our house we make our own pizzas." Yup, they think we're weirdos. :)

The kids got to make their own pizza for their craft. Amelia's is cheese and pepperoni. Abigail's is cheese, pepperoni and a little bit of grape juice? Abigail's is on the right. She colored purple all around the edge. That's the grape juice.
.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I love it! Be proud she answered that way - don't think you are weird!!!
Eli used to do things like that all the time. I'll never forget the day at little league practice when he told all the kids about fruit leathers, and that they were organic :-)
Priceless, and your blog is providing a way to document it. A lot easier than scrapbooking HEHE
from hunter mmmmmmm jellybeans nice choice amelia. And I dont think you'r a weirdo heheheh
Post a Comment