Saturday, January 2, 2010
Our Evening Events And Events For The Future
We took the girls out shopping tonight at Destin Commons to spend a bit of their Christmas money (thanks again Nanny and Grampa). Abigail also had money from the Tooth Fairy!! Abigail has been wanting some fun shaped rubber bracelets (all the rage with the little girls right now) so we went to the Learning Express first. She picked out a package of animal shapes, with a bunny, of course. Amelia picked the same pack. We then headed to Build-a-Bear for a few things. After that we had dinner at Panera. The girls were both pretty happy with their choices, but Abigail said maybe she wanted to do some jobs to buy the Princess pack of bracelets next. They both still had plenty of money left, I'm just trying to teach them that they don't have to spend it all at one time and to save up for something they really want. For the last few weeks, I've given Abigail the job of feeding the dog so I told her if she kept doing that I could give her an allowance. Amelia said she wanted a job too, and when she got more money she was going to buy a hamster (she really wants a real one). We told her maybe she could save up for another toy one and have a real one when she was big, like when she's married big. The conversation spiraled from there and Abigail told us she already knew who she was going to marry, Ian (the boy who sits next to her in school). She then said "there's only one little problem, he might not like the names I picked out for my kids."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Classic Abigail ;-)
Love that they are using their own money and are eager to work to make more HEHE
I hope Amelia gets this hamster thing out of her system.....you know how I feel about rodents LOL
Thanks for sharing these wonderful moments.
That's a serious problem Abigail, I was so glad that derf liked the name Molly. I had it picked out for years (not since I was 5 like you, but)!
Post a Comment