Thursday, January 22, 2009

She's Crafty



I made a tree! Not just any tree, a magnetic tree! I saw this idea in Pottery Barn Kids and loved it. But at $159, especially in these tough economic times, I didn't want to spend that much. I decided I could make the same thing (maybe even cuter) for a lot cheaper. So, with a little help from Will and the girls, I went to work. I got all the supplies at Home Depot, even the magnetic paint for $48. It took about two days to finish, and most of that was just letting paint dry.




I love how it turned out. The girls will be able to hang all their art work up on it.The only thing left is to finish my leaf magnets (I need to get stronger magnets) and for Will to nail it to the wall.

3 comments:

tammy said...

This is adorable. Nice job guys! I know nothing of the PBK magazine, but this is really cute, and what a nice match to the green fairy tent ;-)

Grandma Faith said...

The tree is really great!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH! I love the tree! I have been wanting to do something similuar in my youngest room. We just made our oldest a loft bed inspired by PB. No way on earth I'd spend those prices. LOL Maybe I'll be making a tree now ;)